The weather, though warm and muggy this week, will change to cool and crisp next week. Enjoy the changing seasons at some nearby parks.
1. : Commack's large park and preserve is an ideal spot for hiking through fall foliage. It's also home to . While you're there, stop by and view the that .
2. : Arguably one of the most photogenic parks around, Blydenburgh has miles of winding green trails, a , picnic tables and a dog park. This place is a must-see during the fall season.
3. There are many different ways to enjoy this park. Hit the Greenbelt Trail for a hike or walk, ride or run the Hike and Bike Trail. Visitors can also bird watch or take their kids to the playground there.
4. : With more than 540 acres of sprawling greens, this state park is a pleasure to get lost in and explore. Visitors can also stop in at the nature museum inside the park.
5. : Bundle up and cruise the boardwalk before snow hits the ground. The beach views are just as beautiful in the fall as they are in the summer.