The countdown to back-to-school has begun, so get out there and enjoy the summer nights that are left.
The Kings Park High class of 1993 is having their 20 year reunion on Saturday at 8 p.m. at Danford’s in Port Jefferson. Please contact Lori Vasquez Legler @ email@example.com for more information.
Join the League for Animal Protection of Huntington as they help Northport Animal Clinic and Dr. Jason Heller celebrate two years of keeping pets healthy and happy at their 2nd Anniversary Adoptathon.
Get your car washed by the Kings Park cheerleaders this Saturday at Kings Park High School from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Catch the big band sounds of the Northport Jazz Band during Friday’s Musical Moments in Kings Park. Fun starts at Russ Savatt Park on Main Street in Kings Park at 7:30 p.m.
The Kings Park Farmers Market is held on Sunday from 9 a.m.- 2 p.m. in the municipal parking lot across from the firehouse on Main Street. If you post some pics while you’re grabbing some fresh goods at the Farmers Market, email us a link at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tag your posts on Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #KPMarket and we’ll grab them too for a gallery after the event.
Single? Join a dance party Friday night at Ciao Baby in Commack to meet new people and see if a match can be made on the dance floor. The party is from 10 p.m. until 1 a.m. Price is $20, which includes an open bar featuring well drinks, Champagne, Wine, Sangria and Draft Beer. Sign up at http://www.meetup.com/WWW-LISINGLEMINGLE-COM.
Help 13-year-old Courtney fight Cystic Fibrosis. Head down to Lazerland Sunday for unlimited laser-tag and dodgeball. Tickets are $20 per person. All proceeds will go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
The Hoyt Farm Summer Concert Series continues this weekend with Soul Be It band starting at 7 p.m. Hoyt Farm is located at 200 New Hwy., Commack.
- Enjoy live music and entertainment this weekend at Perfecto Mundo in the Northgate Shopping Center (1141-1 Jericho Tpke., Commack). See Joe Perricone, The Other Shoe, perform Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Toby Tobias Saturday at 8 p.m.
Give a cheer for cheerleading camp at Gold Medal Gym. Camp starts Monday and is open for girls 4-18. Visit www.championcheerleadingli.com or call 758-7251 for more information.
Enjoy live music outdoors on the lawn of the Smithtown Public Library at 8 p.m. on Thursday nights. The Rotary Clubs of Smithtown and Smithtown-Sunrise will be collecting non-perishable food for local food pantries.
- Join The Smithtown Library for a Friday movie matinee, from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m., featuring a current or classic movie.
- Acoustic Afternoons at Mills Pond. Join singer/songwriter Christie Baker of Smithtown for an open mike afternoon Sunday at 1 p.m.
Fairs & Festivals
Visit the Nesconset Farmers Market. Open every Saturday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m., through Nov. 16, residents can come down to the shopping center at Nesconset Plaza, 127 Smithtown Blvd., for farm-fresh fruits, veggies and homemade goods.
Village of Islandia Tag Sale: On August 10, the Village of Islandia is asking its residents to clean out their garages, attics, basements and closets and bring their unwanted items to the “Ye Olde Fashioned Tag Sale” from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the grounds of Village Hall, located at 1100 Old Nichols Rd., Islandia. Village residents will be on hand to sell items such as toys, books, clothes, lamps and assorted knick-knacks. There will be over 100 spaces available for a fee of $20 (available for both residents and non-residents). This is a rain-or-shine event. All are invited to come down, browse and make a purchase. For more information, or to reserve a spot, call 631-348-1133, or visit www.newvillageofislandia.com.
- The Friends or the Hauppauge Library presents “This is Them” band Friday at the Hauppauge Public Library, 601 Veteran’s Hwy., Hauppauge. FREE admission. The concert is outdoors, so bring a chair for comfort as you enjoy the classics of the 60's, 70's and 80's with this lively cover band. The concert will be held indoors in case of rain.
- When it comes to al fresco dining this summer, Blend Wine and Tapas is the place to be. Live music fills the outdoor patio Thursday through Saturday at the restaurant, located at 321 Nesconset Hwy., in Hauppauge.