The return of school means the return of all sorts of after-school activities. Here's a list of 10 things your kids can get involved in locally for fun, for supervision, or to supplement what they're doing in school.
1. If your child is interested in music, the Grace Music Schooloffers lessons on piano, string instruments, woodwinds, guitar and voice.The school is headed by Grace Heaphy, a graduate of the New York Conservatory Manhattan School of Music.
2. You can sign up for dance lessons at one of Kings Park’s three academies: , , and Dance in the Park.
3. is well-known amongst parents for having great after-school activities for kids and teens. Most library programs now offer online registration as well.
4. Sign up for martial arts at , Jiu Jitsu Center.
5. Registration for full year and fall youth soccer is open. For more information, visit the Kings Park Soccer Club website for more information.
6. offers an array of after school sport programs from Quick Start Tennis to Multi Sport activities.
7. Information about playing lacrosse for the upcoming season can be found at the Kings Park Lacrosse Club’s website.
8. offers hockey programs for children of all ages.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday, sign up for our free newsletter.