Two people were arrested Friday and charged with home break-ins in Port Jefferson Station and Holbrook, as well as an attempted burglary in Mount Sinai, police said.
According to police, Sixth Precinct patrol officers responded to a residence in Port Jefferson Station on Friday after a witness saw someone exit a home under "suspicious circumstances" and called 911 at 1:20 p.m.
After officers determined the residence had been burglarized, a description of the suspect and vehicle was broadcast over police radio, police said.
A short time later, another 911 call was broadcast over police radio describing an attempted burglary at a residence in Mount Sinai, police said.
Sixth Squad detectives developed information that led to the location of a vehicle connected to the incidents and arrested Ronald Dunlop.
It was also determined that Dunlop was responsible for a burglary in Holbrook on May 13, police said.
Dunlop, 55, of the Bronx, is charged with two counts of second degree burglary, one count of second degree attempted burglary, reckless driving, resisting arrest and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
A further investigation revealed that Thomas Maglaras, of Farmingville, was involved in the three burglaries, police said.
Maglaras, 18, is charged with with two counts of second degree burglary and one count of second degree attempted burglary,
Dunlop and Maglaras were held overnight at the Sixth Precinct and were scheduled for arraignment at First District Court in Central Islip on Saturday.
As the investigation continues, police are asking anyone with information to contact the Sixth Squad at 631-854-8652 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.