The following information was supplied by the Suffolk County police department. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate guilt.HUNTINGTON
• A Roosevelt man was shot to death Wednesday night in Huntington Station, Suffolk County police said.Jazzmen Bryant, 33, was found shot in the torso, police said. He died at Huntington Hospital.
• A Commack resident is one of dozens of Long Islanders who fell victim to an ongoing phone scam.
According to Suffolk County police, the Commack resident received a call Aug. 13 in which the caller allegedly fooled the homeowner into believing that a family member was arrested and needed money for bail. Police said the victim sent the money, but then learned it was all a lie.
• An East Northport man was arrested Aug. 14 after he allegedly stole more than $1,000 worth of electronics from the Commack Staples, where he worked.
According to police, Marc Chery, 23, took nine cell phones, two tablets and a GPS from his former place of employment.He was charged with grand larceny in the third degree, a Class D felony punishable by up to seven years in prison.
• A Nesconset woman was arrested on two burglary charges this week, including stealing cash from a nearby house of worship.Suffolk County police arrested Marisa Chayet, 23, after she allegedly swiped cash from Chabad Torah Community Center in Lake Grove. Police did not indicate how much was stolen.
• A Hauppauge home was burglarized Aug. 12, according to police, who said that an intruder entered the residence on Executive Drive through a window. The homeowner reported to police that jewelry had been taken.• Gary DeAngelo, 21, of East Patchogue, was arrested in Hauppauge on a charge of grand larceny in the third degree, a felony. Police said that DeAngelo was working as a home improvement contractor when he took money for cabinets that he was supposed to order, but never did.