Although most stores and restaurants are closed Christmas Day, Patch has compiled a list of 10 places where you can get everything from a last minute gift to a cup of coffee to keep you going on this sometimes hectic day.
1. If you are heading off to a relative’s house to celebrate the holiday and forgot to pick up a gift, or you never found time to bake that holiday pie, in Kings Park is open from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m.
2. To pick up anything from batteries to soda, on Pulaski Road, Kings Park, is open all day on Christmas.
3. If you don't feel like cooking, in Northport will be open on Christmas Day from 12:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Reservations are required.
4. Just in case you need a last minute stocking stuffer or some aspirin, in Tanzi Plaza, Kings Park, will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
5. Catching a movie can be an ideal afternoon activity on Christmas. is open from 10 a.m. to midnight.
6. If you want to burn off some energy, or calories, before sitting down to Christmas dinner, is open 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
7. If coffee, or a donut, is what you need to jump start your day, on Pulaski Road, Kings Park, will be open from 5 a.m. to midnight.
8. If you have time to spare – take a ride down to Open 2 p.m. to 10 p.m., bowling is always a fun time.
9. Heading out for a long drive? Gas up at Hess on Indian Head Road, Kings Park. It’s open 24 hours on Christmas Day.
10. Last, but not least, if you want to have a drink out with friends, Kings Park, will be open on Christmas Day, starting at noon.