It's nothing but snow as far as the eye can see. What's a snow bound Kings Parker to do? Dig out the sled of course.
A reader asked us where the best places to sled were, so we took to our Facebook page and posed the question. Here's a round up of responses. Please be aware some areas named may have restrictions.
- Joe Maerkel- The Psych Center hill, on Main St. Always have fun/meet good people.
- Peter Devlin- the landing golf course , the Indian Hills Country club , the stretch on the Psych center property on Old Dock Road. Any new spot's ?? All welcome . I remember as a kid going to the Huntington Crescent Club awesome hills , big fire in 55 gal drum . deli across the street for hot chocolate . Could spend the day there .... wish we had something like that here !!!
- Al Wood -Indian Hills behind the club house.
- Michael Lewis -Used to be Fort Salonga elementary but I think they kick people out now. When I lived in East Meadow we had a huge storm water recharge basin to sled in, was like a miniature ski resort. Suicide hill in Sunken Meadow is the only other one I know of, its the X-country trail near the entrance by Twin Oaks Dr.
- Kevin Nils-Kennedy Mundt -Psych center across from Jewish Center before the HS or the park on Townline before Jericho Tpke.
- Tony Rizzo -the streets down in san remo...weeeeeeeeeee ::))
- Dennis Conner- The golf course at the Veterans Hosp in Northport. GREAT hills.
- Cathy Clausen -Indian Hollow School on Kings Park Road in Commack
Do you have a favorite spot you like to go sledding? Share it in the comment section. Have fun, stay safe and get the sled out!
Let Patch save you time. Get great local everyday, sign up for our free newsletter.stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone