Here is a list of what has closed due to the storm and what businesses that have remained opened. This list will be continually updated.Stick with Patch for frequent updates on open and closed businesses.
- Smithtown Special Library District: Closed Monday
- Kings Park Central School District: Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Kings Park Hardware: Will remain open until 7 p.m. The store still had some batteries left, though D batteries had sold out at about 10 a.m. Monday morning. The store is trying to get addtional generators, but as of Monday at noon, they are sold out. Call the store for the most updated information.
- Anderson's Deli: Plans to stay open for the duration of the storm. "The deli will stay open we have a generator if power goes out," said owner, Mike Franchi. "Even during the storm we will stay open for the working people." Dixie's Smokehouse and Sombrero's will depend on the storm and power outages.
- Key Food: Normal hours until 9 p.m., but an employee at the store doubts they will be open that long. The supermarket is out of bread but still has milk and water.
- Celtic Crossing Tavern open all day and all night. Happy hour from 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Food from Bella cucina and acoustic guitar.
Are you a business owner? Let us know what your plans are for the storm. Are you a reader? Let us know what businesses you see as open and closed and let us know about stocks of storm supplies, ice and gas. We will update this list throught the storm.