Stuck inside on this rainy Wednesday in Smithtown? Attend one of these indoor events or check up on the articles you may have missed.
Have something to put in our 5 things column? Add it to our calendar.
1. Try something new: the Smithtown Library is hosting a Tai Chi class at 10:30, which can improve balance, stamina and overall well-being.
2. Put on your dancing shoes and head down to the Smithtown Senior Citizens Department for an afternoon dance from 12:30 - 4:30. Missed the talent show at the center last week? Take a look at our video.
3. Did you attend the Parent University held at the school district Monday night? Read our coverage.
4. For the past two days, Patch editors from the northeast region attended a conference in New York City. You, our readers, were the main topic of conversation. Read an Editor's Notebook about the experience later on the site.
5. Grab the microphone at Karaoke Night with Gene and Ann of Starr Struck Entertainment at Rockwell's.