The return of school means the return of all sorts of after-school activities. Here's a list of 10 things your kids can get involved in locally for fun or for supervision.
1. At , parents can sign up their children ages two through twelve for an after school care program until 6:00 p.m. up to five days a week. The children have time to do their homework, play outside, have a snack, and enjoy other activities. Transportation to and from Parkview, Fort Salonga, and RJO Schools in the Kings Park School District is available.
2. You can sign up for dance lessons at one of Kings Park’s three academies: , , and Dance in the Park.
3. is well-known amongst parents for having great after-school activities for kids and teens. Most library programs now offer online registration as well.
4. Sign up for martial arts at , Jiu Jitsu Center.
5. Registration for full year and fall youth soccer is open. For more information, visit the Kings Park Soccer Club website for more information.
6. offers an array of after school sport programs from Quick Start Tennis to Multi Sport activities.
7. Information about playing lacrosse for the upcoming season can be found at the Kings Park Lacrosse Club’s website.
8. offers hockey programs for children of all ages.